Well we arrived back in Texas from an amazing time in California. We were all exhausted and David and I were ready for things to slow down a bit (little did we know what was ahead of us). As we pulled up to the house David had noticed some water coming out of the house and he automatically had a sick feeling in his stomach, I however didn't see it. David unlocked the door and all we saw was water about 3 inches deep throughout the entire house and the water was still gushing from the toilet. We still aren't sure how many days the water was gushing out since we had been gone, all we know is that we had a mess on our hands and there wasn't going to be a quick fix :( We ended up moving things into the garage and figuring out what was damaged. The cleanup crew came and began drying everything out (this included approx. 30 fans and a few huge heaters). One thing I'll tell ya is.....I can't wait to have carpet again (walking on beach towels is getting old)!!!! David and I have definantly learned lots of lessons our first 6 months of marriage, but we know that everything we have gone through is only going to make us a stronger team :)
Stay tuned for updates :) oh and if you noticed there are no pictures on this post, I'm trying to erase it from my memory ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment