Team Whitehead started July off with the 4th of July , we grilled out with family and watched some fireworks...nothing better! (Minus our girl Alex who was in Ecuador, we missed you!)
We also had a cookout and fellowship day with our lifegroup in July which was fun and of course there was games and competition going on .... we know how guys can be competitive ;) (Watch out for Grandma though...she almost got hit with a ball)!
Our next ride we did was Peach Pedal in Weatherford....I think David only does this one for the peaches at the aid stations and the peach ice cream after. It sure was delicious and cooled us off! I just want to say how proud I am of my husband for riding and continuing to push himself further and further...I see him getting stronger everytime! I better get to work, can't have him beating me ;)
After the peach pedal we went at midnight to cheer on our friend Mr. Hopper as he did El Scorcho on the Trinity Trails. This is an awesome race that's done at night, so fun! Everyone comes out and has tents, cooks out and enjoys sitting and cheering on the runners. We went to cheer him on and keep Momma Rachel company and make sure she was keeping those pregnant feet propped up ;)
Congrats Forrest, aka Boty !!!
The next weekend my mom and I headed off to Austin for my friend Jessica's wedding. Well I'm sure most of you saw on Facebook, but the trip down to Austin didn't really go as planned. We left out early in the morning thinking we could do some shopping on the way down before rehearsal, but God had other plans... we ended up being stuck on IH-35 from 8am - 4pm, this drive should have taken us approx. 3 hours. So needless to say we didn't get any shopping in and we missed the rehearsal, but we made the most out of it and had some fun and got there in time for the rehearsal dinner. Have you ever stood out on IH-35 ? I can check that one off my bucket list ;)
It was a beautiful wedding weekend and I'm so happy for Jessica and Charlie! Congrats and I was blessed to be a part of it!
David went to help my dad at the deer lease that weekend and I'm so thankful he was there because look what they came across....and my dad didn't even hear it!!!! Now maybe David will wear his snake guards like his wife always tells him to wear ;)
The last weekend of the month one of my best friends was in town and I was so blessed to go look at wedding dresses with her mom and sister and her. We had so much fun, and she said "YES to the dress", she is going to be a beautiful bride! While we were wedding dress shopping, David road the Goatneck race in Cleburne which is a fairly hilly course. He did awesome and this was his longest race 69 miles! I was so pumped for him and sad I missed getting to ride with him. That night we got to go hang out with Heather and Vincent at the Ranger game! We had a great time catching up and just enjoying the night! Wish they lived closer, but can't wait for their wedding next October!!
Well that was our July in a nutshell. Good luck to all the kiddos and teachers going back to school! I'm not sure about y'all, but I'm ready for this heat to leave and the cool fall weather to arrive, plus FOOTBALL and holidays!
See you all soon for what all happened in August!












No comments:
Post a Comment