Thursday, December 26, 2013

On my heart ....

Well before I get to our December blog I wanted to write you all about several things that have been on my heart lately.  My heart has been super heavy this holiday season and I will go more into that in just a bit.  David and I are truly blessed with the best friends and family anyone could ask for.  I want you all to know that no matter where this earthly life takes us all, or how busy we all get... we need to take time for the ones that mean so much to us. 
David and I will be married 2 years this coming February and during a span of 2 years we have lost 6 special people in our lives !  Yes I said 6 !  This number just blows me away still.  It seems so often we forget how important every day is and how we need to not take anything for granted, yet so many times we forget when life gets busy, hectic and stressful.  We forget that tomorrow is not promised to anyone.  God is in control and knows ALL, this however does not make any of it any easier.  This Christmas as we were without several of our loved ones as some of you may have been , my prayer is that these loved ones continue to stay in our hearts and that when things like this happen we continue remembering and loving no matter what. That we would become selfless to our needs and think of others first. 
I'm not big on change, but God is definantly working on that ;)  I'm someone that gets stuck in routines and loves traditions and family, but not so much change.  During this timeframe of losing so many loved ones it has really done a number on me.  This has come to mean change...lots of change. Changing routines or traditions if you will I'm not a fan of and this holiday season became that.  Making new traditions and remembering the old ones, changing houses we do holidays at, changing times we do lunch/dinner , presents or who all comes.  However during all of this my heart ached and I would try and hold in my tears, but it was so evident the joy and laughter that was going on at each house we went to.  Everytime I saw a hug, smile or someone laugh it made my heart smile knowing that God's hands are at work in ALL of this.   

In my heart it all comes down to TIME...time is a gift we have been given.  What will you do with your time?  Make sure to not look too far in the past and don't look too far in the future...look for today and the minute you are in and remember those that have gone before us.  Change does not mean we have to forget...it means we have to live in the now and REMEMBER !

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Ash! And you are so right...the present it everything including all of our family and friends in our life! I agree with you about routines and not being good with change. Oh did marrying Kyle change me in that...and then having kids! Change in my middle name now! So proud of you for writing this and love reading your blog! Thanks and hope to see y'all next week! Love y'all!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren !! Yes we would love to see y'all !!

      Delete