Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy 2013!!

2013 is here !  Can't believe we are already 2 months in to the year, crazy how time flies.  Well our year started out great!  We started the new year off just by relaxing at the house, we went to dinner and then came home....sad thing is I was asleep before the clock struck midnight ;)  We took our picture before going to dinner and I realized that since David had the week off he hadn't shaved the ENTIRE week...just had to put that disclaimer in there ;) He was so proud of that!
We always celebrate new years day with a birthday dinner for my dad since he is a New Years baby and we are sure to eat our black eyed peas !  This year my mom made my dad's favorite...chicken fried deer steak !  I'm not sure that was a good thing, because now Whitey is expecting me to start cooking it and we all know that's far from happening.
As January began I was finally able to meet the Blackstock twins, Presley and Cooper who were born just a few days after my birthday.  They are so cute, but I'm not sure how their parents do it.  I have so much respect for them handling 2 babies all at once, because you know when one cries it triggers the other one to start crying :) I'm sure there are no dull moments in that household ;)  love you guys!
Baby Presley
 Baby Cooper
What's a new year without some hunting right ;) Well, the boys went one last time to the deer lease and found just what they were looking for.
The year was starting off slow and we actually were having time to relax (what's that?), so one weekend we decided to grill out and fire up our new fire pit we got for Christmas from Mel & Dale (thanks guys!).  Don't ask David who is better at starting fires though ;)  He was having trouble getting it started and had to run to the store...when he got back I had the fire going strong!  Let's just say we are a little competitive ;)
Stock Show time in Texas rolled around and we went with our friends the Benolkens and Newtons, plus their cute kiddos.  We had a great time showing them all the animals and loved seeing their cute reactions.  I will say David and I had a blast playing with the kids, but boy were we ready to crash when we got home ;)
My sweet cousin Katie had her sweet 16th birthday in January and the whole family went and did some painting at a place in Fort Worth.  We had a great time, and boy did some of the men in our family surprise us with their painting skills. 
hmmmm what to paint?
 Papa and Brett ready to make their masterpiece
 Whitey contemplating on his work of art
 Pretty Impressive....of course CAMO!
 Addy designing her masterpiece!  She loved getting it on her hands!
Happy Sweet 16 Katie!
Everyone and their work of art!
January was coming to an end and The Howards decided to hit up the Rodeo, well we know who my dad really went to see.....Whiplash!  If you don't know who Whiplash is then you are missing out.  It's the dog-riding monkey !!!  So fun to watch.  We had a great time!
Of course we were being goofy...did you expect us to be normal ;)
 Fun times with the fam!
 
Can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for Team Whitehead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment