Monday, January 21, 2013

Merry December !

We made it !!!  That's right, we made it to December ! :)  December was a busy month for us...then again what month isn't ;) 
The first weekend of December my mom and I headed Southbound 35 to San Marcos for our birthday tradition to do a little shopping and relaxing.   We had a blast and of course brought a car load back ;) 
While your in the Hill Country its a must that you listen to live music and wear your boots, best place for that is Gruene, TX !  OUR FAV!
 
I'm not sure if many of you know or not, but David is also known as Mr. Christmas.  He loves Christmas and so do I , but he loves everything including the shopping.  I wouldn't let him begin shopping or decorating until December, but he went to town when I said GO.  We got our first Christmas Ornament for the tree and it was on...let the Christmas festivities begin!
 
Whitey likes to have a list of exactly what he is getting everyone for Christmas and he likes for everyones gift to be the best.  I tend to procrastinate and shop the week of Christmas usually.  I will say that it's been kind of nice having Whitey do my shopping for me ;) I can not tell you how many times we went to Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops in December.  Wow , it had to be a record...by the time December was over I think they knew us personally everytime we walked in, "Hello Mr. & Mrs. Whitehead". 
December was so much fun getting to see close family and friends.  We got to have our first annual Knox/Howard/Whitehead Christmas dinner and had so much fun catching up and remembering old times. Love this family!

Before we could celebrate Christmas it was time to celebrate David's birthday, we invited friends and family over to cook out and just hang out, even though the birthday boy did most of the cooking ;)  we had yummy deer burgers that were delicious.  I did fail at not taking pictures of any of this....guess I was too busy getting the cabbage prepared for our burgers ;)  let's just say cooking and food is not my expertise :) 
High School football playoffs were in full swing and David's High School was playing at Texas Stadium for the State Championship, so we decided to gear up and go cheer on the Mildred Eagles at Jerry World.  We had a great time at the game, I think the whole town of Mildred was there supporting.  Someone even posted a picture on Facebook that was a sign near a stop light leaving the town of Mildred and it read "Last one out turn off the lights"  ... I love small towns!  They ended up losing the State game, but hey atleast they are able to say that played for the State Championship.

It was time to prepare for Christmas and we were so excited that the Campbell's would be in town for a week, since they live in Montana !  We ran around this year and made it to every Christmas dinner and lunch which made for a very busy Christmas, but we wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Here is some of the fun that we had!

You never know what to expect from an almost 16 year old ;)
 

 Fun times with props this Christmas...definantly doing this next year!  Thanks mom we had a blast!
Too COOL Colten !
 
 Papa and his girls ! :)
 
So glad we finally have a picture of us three, Whitehead girls!
 This picture is my favorite !  Love how everybody has their own expression :) too funny!
 
Yay for the Campbells being in town !  Sorry Dale, not sure where you were on this picture.  I think your always hiding from my camera ;)
 
 The boys were such good participants !   It did take a little extra to get them on board.
 
Nanny with her girls!  Such a sweet picture.
 
Dale opening his snowboard helmet...he is ready to ride the slopes of Montana now!
 
Colten and his remote control car...love that big smile!

Katelyn and her boots
 
 Our CRAZY niece jamming out with new head phones!
 
Christmas time at Mammaw's !

Mammaw trying to hide her face....she loved the picture sooo much!!
 
David giving Max his Christmas present!  He was sooo excited!
We were so blessed this Christmas to be able to spend it with family and friends, rejoicing in the true meaning of Christmas! LOVE YOU ALL !

No comments:

Post a Comment