Friday, November 7, 2014

October...but wait it's still hot?

Well we picked up in October right where we left off....CAMO! ;)

Bow season was upon us and we were ready, well we were ready...minus the heat!  I have to work on Whitey and get him taking some selfies in the stand ;)  (as to why there is only a picture of me).
Next on the agenda, I stayed home for our annual girls Christmas In Cowtown shopping adventure and the boys went hunting.  This year we added a shopping buddy to our group...little Miss Elsie!  So fun having her along, she was perfect in everyway!

David and I pretty much stayed busy with work in October...we didn't really see each other until about 9:00pm every night when it was time to crash.  I've been training at the YMCA and also training with Camp Gladiator which I LOVE, Camp Gladiator is an outdoor fitness program for adults!  I'm sure I'll be posting more about that next month and I'm excited and looking forward to January!
One thing I did recently was help with The Dragon Dash in Southlake, which is where we as CG trainers set up an Obstacle course at the Elementary School and run the kids through it, promoting them to stay active.  I loved the Dragon Dash and seeing the looks on those kids faces!  Camp Gladiator also has summer camps for kids grades 3-8 and it's called CG Victory which we promote to them as well...check it out www.cgvictory.org !  Awesome program!!!
The weekend before Halloween, David and I both stayed home from hunting ....which we both hated.  I had events to be at and David was swamped with work.  While we were away Dad decided it was time to fill the freezer.  (I could say that Dad shot Whitey's deer, but we all know that's how hunting goes) ;)  It's a beautiful buck that's for sure!  Proud of our Pops, can't wait for some deer jerky!

Well the last day of Oct ended up on a Friday this year...which was also Halloween of course.  As you all know tradition is we dress up in the gorilla costumes at my parents house.  I hate to say it, but this was the first year in a LONG time that we weren't there.  Hunting called and we answered!  So we headed to the deer lease for a fun weekend with David, my Dad, Cole and myself to begin opening weekend of gun season.....to be continued :)  (praying the next post has pics of 3 more big bucks!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment