Sunday, August 18, 2013

July


July ….where to begin! 

Team Whitehead enjoyed a fun 4th of July; we decided to go watch fireworks in Hudson Oaks near Weatherford where they had live music and fireworks.  At the event they also had people put their name in a raffle and if you were drawn you got to sky dive tandem jump out of a plane with a service member from the Airforce.  I wanted to put my name in, but I knew David wouldn’t have been too thrilled if I would have been picked ;)  We sat and enjoyed ourselves with some yummy watermelon, which is a must have on 4th of July in Texas!
 
David and I, along with my dad and his biking buddies rode the Peach Peddle race in Weatherford on July 13th.  So if you know anything about riding road bikes you know that the professionals wear the tight padded spandex, and for those of you that know my husband I knew it was going to be impossible to get him in some.  My brother Cole told David that if he got a pair he might not ever talk to him again ;) ha ha.  Well, a few days before the race I had to break it to Cole that Whitey finally broke down and purchased his first pair of padded spandex for the race.  David was glad he listened to me and got them after our 34 mile race that day ;)  It was definantly hot that’s for sure, but we had a great time.  Well, I guess I should say we had a great time until.... my husband decided to take pictures of me coming through the finish line.  David decided to leave me a few miles before the end of the race and was standing there at the finish with his phone in hand taking pictures.  Needless to say I was not a happy camper, he beat me at my own race and wanted to take pictures of it! ;) Lesson learned for Mr. Whitey!
 
 
Well just when you think you made it through the tough stuff, God throws another curve ball.  We lost two very precious people in our family to a horrific car accident toward the end of July, David’s Aunt Darla and Uncle Mark.  They were heading to a family reunion with three of their girls Brealyn 14, Cami 15, and Kenya 16, along with Mark’s mom.  The girls are out of the hospital and still recovering from some of their injuries, but their hearts will never be fully healed from the loss of both of their parents!  Please pray for these girls and their oldest daughter Elaina who was not with them during the accident.  This has been a rough time for all of us, but we rest in faith knowing that God’s timing and plan is more perfect than anything we can come up with, but it doesn’t make our time here on earth without them any easier. 

 After the accident my heart became very heavy and burdened and still is in so many ways….in a year and a half we have lost 6 amazing beautiful lives of family and close friends that have a huge place in our hearts!  SIX !!!!  This number still amazes me and I wonder if it’s a dream, sometimes I want to question God even though I know we aren’t supposed to.  I just want to wake up from this aweful dream and have our loved ones back, but I know that if that happened then my faith in our awesome God wouldn’t be what it is.  My heart rests even during this sadness that one day we will get to reunite with them in the most beautiful of places...in heaven! 

In saying all of that, take time to say “I love you”, don’t go to bed angry, and make every moment count.  We love you all so much and are so thankful for the prayers and condolences during some of the most tragic times.  Team Whitehead would not be Team Whitehead without ALL of you!

 David’s sister Melanie and the kids were supposed to come in town from Montana for a few weeks this summer, but with everything that went on they came a few days early.  It was soooo good to get to see them, but we missed you Dale!  It was good to be around family during this time for sure!  The girls had a Pedi day which was fun and we also celebrated Colten’s 9th birthday….more to come in August of their time in Texas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment