First weekend of April came and it was time for THE HERO RUSH that my friends Heather, Jessica and I signed up for. Let's just say I'm not sure we knew what was ahead of us :) It was a 4-5 mile course with 17 obstacles, you will see a picture of some of the obstacles below. We had a blast dressing up goofy, and enjoyed ourselves in front of the camera man ;) We definantly left with cuts and bruises, but that was all thank goodness. Enjoy the pictures of our crazy race.....
Here are the obstacles that we ENDURED !!!!!
Right after the Hero Rush David and I hurried off to a couples shower for my dear friends Graves and Jordan ! The wedding is coming soon and I'm sooo happy for them. Can't wait for their big day! While at the shower I got to see old friends that I love so dearly. Chris, Corey, and Graves ....these are my boys, and they have taken care of me through high school, and college! They clocked out of taking care of me and passed the torch to David when he came along, and I'm sure they were ready to get rid of me!! ;)
Well the weekend wasn't over so we thought we would throw some golf in to finish it off. David and I headed to a Par 3 course, and yes even though my brother is a professional golfer I have never played a full round of golf (if your wondering why....well ask my Dad and Brother). Let's just say I was humiliated during a golf outing on one of our family vacations when we were little ;) David knew going into it that it could be an interesting 9 holes! To his surprise and mine I actually did pretty well , and we even ended the round with no fighting or losing too many golf balls (I finally overcame something that has haunted me forever)...David's mission was accomplished ! :)
Yes Cole, I know I need to bend my knees more...plus a lot of other things ! ;)
April brought an end to our volleyball league we played in. Team BOMB DIGgity might not have won, but we sure had fun trying and we were the most colorful team out there ! Go Team !

More April fun with my little Buddy Beck.......
My mom and I decided to head to Ballinger one weekend for Petticoats on the Prairie to do a little junking and shopping ;) Of course we always have a blast and find good deals....David is always scared what I'm going to come home with :) I'm always sure to leave him with a long "honey do" list though ;)
We got back in town just in time to celebrate with my brother who got his conditional Canadian PGA Tour card ! He will be waiting on a call to see what tournament he will be getting into, we are ready to pack our bags for "Oh Canada"!
So for many of you that know me I have allergies and have had them my whole life. This would be part of the reason that Max stays with David's mom :( So I decided to look into allergy shots again and decided to go for it. I had to take a day off work and sit from 8-4 in a room at the doctors office with just a chair and a TV. When the nurse was telling me how everything would go she gave me an IV and then sat out an air horn and I asked what that was for, her response...."well that's in case you feel like you are going to pass out". Oh boy I knew this could be a long day ha ha ;) Throughout the day they would come in and give me a shot every 30 min. After 16 shots, 8 in both arms I was done, and oh and I had the max shots that anybody could get...FUN TIMES ! Lets just say I'm glad that part is over !
Toward the end of April the weather was so nice that we got outside and did some yard work. First things first....it was time for the rose bushes to go ! I have been wanting those gone since we moved in !! We planted a few flowers and called it a day, that yard work isn't for sissies that's for sure! ;) Then, we decided to grill out and enjoy the nice weather by having family over .... of course deer burgers were on the menu and we also got a competitive game of GIANT jenga going, let's just say it was a good thing that Whitey was grilling because you don't want Cole and him playing in the same game against each other....now those are some competitive boys ! ;)
To end the month of April David played in our Church golf tournament (Golf Four Justice) where proceeds went to Agape International Missions and then his softball team went on to win the championship game for their Tuesday night league. Great end to a busy month !
I promise I will try and stay on top of these blogs:)










Love the updates and hearing what y'all are up to! Proud of the "Playground Legends" for another great season...I wouldn't have expected anything less. I guess I wasn't really needed. :)
ReplyDelete